Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allisonv7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
This seems like something that should have a simple answer to me, but I'm unable to find one anywhere....

When I installed Tiger I decided I was going to try out Safari and use it exclusively since I had heard such good things about it (I'd been using Firefox) Anyways, it's been about a month now and the bookmarks list is really getting on my nerves. Is there anyway to get Safari configured so my bookmarks show up on the left side of the window, like they do in FF or IE?

Hopefully there's a simple solution to this .... :confused:

thanks,

allison.

reh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2003
Arkansas
I keep all of my bookmarks in either the menu or the bar. I hate having to open up a window just for bookmarks.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
allisonv7 said:
This seems like something that should have a simple answer to me, but I'm unable to find one anywhere....

When I installed Tiger I decided I was going to try out Safari and use it exclusively since I had heard such good things about it (I'd been using Firefox) Anyways, it's been about a month now and the bookmarks list is really getting on my nerves. Is there anyway to get Safari configured so my bookmarks show up on the left side of the window, like they do in FF or IE?

Hopefully there's a simple solution to this .... :confused:

thanks,

allison.

you're talking about the sidebarish thing right?

sadly i don't know of anything that does this. I use opera almost exclusively now. the mac version needs work though.. i wish they'd make the dang thing in cocoa instead of carbon.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
There might be some 3rd party stuff that may do this, but I have taken another approach (which I also use when in Firefox): I collect all my bookmarks in folders or directly in the Bookmarks Bar, so that they are always accessible from that. Only a few (unsorted) ones goes other places in the Bookmarks Folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.