Safari Bookmarks Sorting?

CTSxViper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Hanover PA
Hello:

Is there any easy way to sort the bookmarks in Safari. I honestly like this browser the best but hate that I can't seem to figure it out. I read elsewhere that you have to use a utility but could not find what the program was or where to find it.
Thanks for any help..
Gene

CyberPrey

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006
IGH, MN
I'm a total newb to OS X (Last Mac OS I used was 0.97!!!)

but, I just open the bookmarks and drag/drop them into the order I want them.

CTSxViper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Hanover PA
FF_productions said:
You want the bookmarks up top to be moved around, just drag them to the top of the bookmarks list if you have lots of bookmarks it's very easy.
Okay thanks. I was looking for a sort option but this works..
Thank you!!!

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Look for Book Dog on Versiontracker. This will do exactly what you want, and keep everything in order all the time. I use it and I love it! Lots of features, too. Can eliminate duplicate bookmarks, etc. No, I have no affiliation with Book Dog, just a happy user.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
skybolt said:
Look for Book Dog on Versiontracker. This will do exactly what you want, and keep everything in order all the time. I use it and I love it! Lots of features, too. Can eliminate duplicate bookmarks, etc. No, I have no affiliation with Book Dog, just a happy user.
I second that. Very useful app. It can sort automatically if you change/add a bookmark, when you log in or when you close safari. Also has a nifty bookmark verification tool to eliminate dead addresses.

I'm very pleased with it but basic alphabetical sorting should be built into safari. :rolleyes: