Safari Bookmarks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob.S, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Rob.S macrumors newbie

Apologies in advance, I think I already know the answer... likely "No", but is there any way to transfer my bookmarks in Safari from my 3gs to the 4s if I'm doing a manual setup/installation on the 4s starting as a new phone? Can iTunes accomplish this somehow, or can any 3rd party browser serve to import them and then save them, or export them back out to the new phone? Just grasping at straws, but I fear it's not possible. What say you?

2. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

If you put iOS 5 on your 3gs and sign up for an iCloud account, you will be able to save your bookmarks, and transfer them to your 4s.

3. Rob.S thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I was planning/hoping to leave my 3gs on 4.3.x, but as this will enable me to transfer my bookmarks, I'll probably do the OS upgrade.

Hmm.. I've never used it, but thinking about it, isn't there an option to sync Mobile Safari's bookmarks with either IE or Safari on the PC? If so, I don't use Safari much on my PC, don't have much in the way of saved bookmarks in there... I could then clean out what I might have there, sync and then bring them back down to the new phone.. Can iTunes do that?