Safari broken by Citrix ICA Client

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kkjellquist, Mar 20, 2009.

1. kkjellquist macrumors newbie

Broken is not totally accurate, but Citrix did mess me up! I need to use the Citix ICA Client to connect to my employer network. During the initial attempt the Client asked to make a 'system change' so it would connect. Of course I was too trusting and clicked OK. Oh and Citrix does not say what change is made and it is not in the doc. So to make a long story short, Safari can't connect to the internet at all. Firefox and Mail are fine, so I know my connectio is there.

Anyone know anything about the Client or what change could cause only Safari to not connect?

2. plinx0r macrumors member

I installed the Citrix client a while back and went through the same "system change" that provided no explanation what-so-ever. The change you are referring to just adds a mime type to allow Safari to open files of type .ica with the Citrix client by default. I have no clue why this would affect your ability to browse; mine never experienced these issues.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Why not use the "Reset Safari" option form the Safari Menu (or maybe the File Menu) to restore Safari, and remove all changes and cache, in case that is what is messed up.

TEG

4. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I run the ICA client all the time. The only issue I had is that it changes some of the types to launch the ICA Client.

In particular, PDF files became an issue when not connected to work. It would try to launch my job's Acrobat reader instead of the local one. I ultimately went and changed some of the types back.

I never had a problem connecting to the internet though.

5. kkjellquist thread starter macrumors newbie

I am thinking the change was not necessarily made to Safari but to a general internet or system setting. As it stands now all apps can connect to the internet except Safari & the 'Apple Hot News' RSS feed in Mail. iTunes, Firexox, Mail, etc can all connect without a problem.

What setting could stop Safari and an RSS feed in Mail from connecting, but nothing else? A certain port is closed?

6. Enis macrumors newbie

Can someone help me with ICA Client connection settings in Mac?

Hi I m exactly in the same situation.
    I need to connect my employers network. Before I was using Windows Vista and I did not have nay problems connection.

But a few days ago I began to use Mac and now I have to configure settings for Citrix XenApp Client to connect employers farm.

But I do not know how to make connection settings. Is there any resource where it explains in details how to make the necessary settings?

I 'm using Mac OS 10.5.
    I have lots of questions to ask but mainly they are:

After I open the Client Editor there are things I cant be sure.

1- Should I choose Server or Published Application
    2- "Connect To" field. should I put the hostname here?
    I select User Specified Credentials and enter my User,Pass and Domain.Right?
    3- Network Protocol is TCP/IP + HTTP
    4- What should I enter to "Server Location" field? I enter the IP address given to me. Is that right?
    5- Proxy? I select Use Default
    6- I think I have to use port 1494. But where should I enter this port no? and ho can I be sure this port is opne in mac? guy

I know that all these questions can be too much but I m not techny guy so any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks already
    Enis