Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
I always have safari on full screen mode, once I close it, restart or shutdown and then reopen it I have to go to view and select full screen again?

Thanks

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
I always have safari on full screen mode, once I close it, restart or shutdown and then reopen it I have to go to view and select full screen again?

Thanks

"close it"

You mean close the lid?

On my laptop, with a Safari page in full screen, closing the lid, re-opening it and logging on shows the last open page in full screen.

cbs20

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2013
I have the same problem with safari. This also occurred in other applications under Mountain Lion. Btw you can just click the blue arrows in the top right corner of the safari window to go to full screen instead of going through the menu.

jroug

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
On the Safari topic, is the only way to close the bookmarks side menu through the Bookmarks drop down? Why no close by hitting "x" or similar on the side menu itself?

cbs20

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2013
On the Safari topic, is the only way to close the bookmarks side menu through the Bookmarks drop down? Why no close by hitting "x" or similar on the side menu itself?

No, there is a book icon below the back arrow. Click on that to open and close that menu.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
On my Macbook, Safari remembers full screen mode after I close it and reopen it next time.

You can show and hide the side bookmarks menu by pressing shift-command-L.

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
odd...but I meant if exit safari

If I force-quit Safari, then start it up again, it shows the last opened page in whatever mode it was in at the time it quit.

If I exit Safari using the red close button, I am by definition not in full screen mode, so I naturally won't see full screen mode by default when it starts again.

Last edited:

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
I see the last site I visited but not in full screen mode :D

If I force-quit Safari, then start it up again, it shows the last opened page in whatever mode it was in at the time it quit.

If I exit Safari using the red close button, I am by definition not in full screen mode, so I naturally won't see full screen mode by default when it starts again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.