Safari bug.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Callum, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Callum macrumors member

Open a new tab. Using the google bar, search 'first search'. Then in the google site's search bar, search 'second search'. Then search 'third search'. Click one of the results. When you go back, the text in google's search bar says 'first search'.

Does this happen for anyone else? It's really annoying when I want to refine my search slightly but end up having to write it all out again if the first search was completely different.

2. EthanMiller macrumors member

I believe this bug has to do with Google Instant. Because it doesn't reload the page, but rather runs JavaScript to change the content, there isn't a history point added to Safari. There's no good fix; I believe FireFox and Chrome both have the same behavior.

3. Callum thread starter macrumors member

Oh awesome. I just went into my Google settings and turned off Google Instant. Works perfectly now. Thanks!

4. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Speaking of Safari bugs, on one of the updates from months back it said it fixes the flashing white screen, which is sort of a blink, but I still have it even after their update. Anyone else get that flicker?