Safari Bugs... Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MrM, Nov 16, 2008.

1. MrM macrumors 6502

So I have the black MacBook... I purchased it in March (or so) of this year. I've been doing all of the updates, and there's a bug that hasn't gone away since I got it.

Every time I hit "delete" or even press the "back" button my computer just reloads the current page. Sometime it takes 9 or 10 clicks to get the browser to actually go back. eBay seems to be one of the more troublesome websites for example.

My girlfriend also has the black MacBook, but its the older model. She's having the same problem. My solution is FireFox, but I was just curious if anyone knows of a real fix for this;Or if anyone else is even having the same issue.

2. AlphaBoy85 macrumors regular

3. MrM thread starter macrumors 6502

Bummer... Just a side note to clarify, when I said "every time" it's more like two times out of ten when I'm viewing random websites. However on eBay when I log into my account and actually view an item for sale, it happens every time.

4. Fishtalk macrumors regular

Yeah, My safari crashes all the time, but I have an old version 1.3.2 because "Panther" When it works it IS a little faster than fireFox, But FireFox opens virtually everything with out complaining that it doesn't have "this" or "that" to work...as with safari. Basically I only keep safari so my girlfriend can have direct access to her e.mail with out having to change the account each time. Also Firefox updates it's self with out getting uptight that i ONLY have lowly Panther.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

^ umm either you don't take good care of your machine or it's just the rest of us. I have used Safari from version 2.0 on the iBook G4 to versions 3 and 4 on the MacBook. Never has it had that big of a problem for me. Maybe a fresh install of Leopard? Get rid of the 3rd party add ons besides Flash/Shockwave/etc. It dramatically slows down performance.