Safari: Can I Disable "Use Strong Password" prompt?

Jodeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
Middle Tennessee
Whenever I create an account I'm greeted with the ever-annoying "Safari created a strong password for this website" prompt.

I prefer NOT to use Safari's suggestions and would rather never see this prompt again.

How can it be disabled? I checked Safari preferences and System Preferences, but no luck.

Thank you.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Whenever I create an account I'm greeted with the ever-annoying "Safari created a strong password for this website" prompt.

I prefer NOT to use Safari's suggestions and would rather never see this prompt again.

How can it be disabled? I checked Safari preferences and System Preferences, but no luck.

Thank you.
Disable autofill.

mj_

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2017
Austin, TX
Do you really create new accounts that often for it to be such an infuriating issue?
If only it were so simple ;) The issue is that Safari seems to consider the login window on many websites a registration form and prompts me to use a safe password to register when really all I want is to to log in. What's infuriating is the fact that this dialog/prompt is modal and I have to first manually click it away before I can proceed to log in instead.

Reactions: willmtaylor

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
If only it were so simple ;) The issue is that Safari seems to consider the login window on many websites a registration form and prompts me to use a safe password to register when really all I want is to to log in. What's infuriating is the fact that this dialog/prompt is modal and I have to first manually click it away before I can proceed to log in instead.
Yup. I have the same issue when I try to log remotely into my office-it thinks the security code/password setup is a prompt to set up a new password and offers to create a strong one for me every time.

It's not a huge deal, but I would love a "not for this website" option...that's all it would take!

Reactions: mogtron
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.