Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airlied

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Safari cannot open any webpages (always loading) on OSX yosemite (DP1 and DP2). iTunes store, iBooks store and any apple things are not connecting to the internet.

But what makes this weird is, chrome and other 3rd party apps are bug free. totally normal.

Anyone with me?:mad:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
haven't try yet, I only have one mac and I don't want to mess up my current settings. restoring from time machine is such a pain.

Can't you just update your Mac to DP3? You don't need to clean install and restore from time machine..

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Safari cannot open any webpages (always loading) on OSX yosemite (DP1 and DP2). iTunes store, iBooks store and any apple things are not connecting to the internet.

But what makes this weird is, chrome and other 3rd party apps are bug free. totally normal.

Anyone with me?:mad:
Are you try to use proxy servers with your Apple apps?

airlied

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
What about on DP3?

Are you try to use proxy servers with your Apple apps?

No, I didn't set any proxy servers with any apple apps, I also did a debug procedure by shutting down apps one by one, but problem stills.

----------

I have been having this issue with all betas including DP3

you got the same issues? can you provide me you 3rd party apps list? I strongly doubt that some 3rd party apps caused this compatibility issue.

Puntoboy

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2014
UK
Same issue here on DP6, it was working fine but all of a sudden it stopped. I haven't noticed anything I could have done to stop it.

Puntoboy

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2014
UK
I've just shutdown my MacBook Pro Retina 13" and started it again (not a restart, full shutdown and power up) and it's now working again.

Puntoboy

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2014
UK
Hmm this isn't good for me at all. Good job Fusion is working and I can get into a Windows VM that works!

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
Also Safari sometimes freezes and stops loading a new url... have to close the tab and try again.

diepalme

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
Same problem here! Running 14A361c (DP8, I think) and can't figure out, what is going wrong. The issue is sometimes resolved by a simple reboot and sometimes just comes and goes without any changes to my configuration. Google Chrome always works, so does Apple Remote Desktop admin. I am running the Yosemite server beta and disabling my dns server changes nothing. The weirdest issue.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
[URL="https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1788750/”]You're not the only ones…[/URL]

This is by far the weirdest bug. So strange to see it across so many DP/Betas without any explanation or fix.

whittaker007

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
Same issue for me on the Yosemite public version, haven't previously installed any betas. Writing this on Chrome, but Safari won't connect to the internet.

Also experiencing issues with text typed on the keyboard regularly not being output, or doubling up.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Same issue for me on the Yosemite public version, haven't previously installed any betas. Writing this on Chrome, but Safari won't connect to the internet.

Also experiencing issues with text typed on the keyboard regularly not being output, or doubling up.

Nuke your Safari folder in your user library. That will fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.