**Safari*cannot*open. This*version*of*safari*is*too*new?!**

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hunger4more80, May 20, 2010.

1. hunger4more80 macrumors newbie

Any help? Much appreciated. It won't lemmy open Safari for tha life of me.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What kind of Mac or PC do you have? OS? Version of Safari?

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Also describe what, if anything, happens when you try to open Safari, and how you are attempting that.

4. hunger4more80 thread starter macrumors newbie

I apologize fellas. When I click on Safari, it won't open. It only gives me a pop-up message saying, "This version of Safari is too new to work with Mac Os X." Today, I brought my MacBook to the Apple Store & as we're speaking their running a clean swipe of the system & replacing my battery & Keyboard for FREE. Thanks for the help & sorry for the inconvenience/miscommunication.

5. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

You didn't give us much to work with here, but I'm going to make some assumptions. You are on a Mac, and you are running Leopard.

Now, which program are you trying to open when you see*this*error*message? Can you open Safari all by itself?

Did you check for Software Updates?

Did you go to Disk Utility and verify and repair permissions?

Can you surf to http://support.apple.com/downloads/ ?? Can you install the latest version of iTunes, Safari?

What have you tried?

6. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Is the OP running a version of Safari too new for his/her OS version perhaps?

7. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I think what you said is exactly right. However, I'm on an older PPC computer with only Leopard. The newest Safari obviously fully works on old systems, like mine.

I don't see how Safari could require anything "newer", especially if his is under warranty - like he said, he brought it in, so it could only be max 3 years old, as he hasn't indicated. The oldest OS it would have come with is Leopard.

There are no new Safari public betas that I know of, unless his computer is brand new and a new version / different build got slapped on. Stranger things have happened.

8. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

9. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I'm assuming it's been resolved, and the OP hasn't checked back in here.

10. hunger4more80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, everything has been resolved. Thanks all.

11. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Please change thread title, for example, add [resolved] to the beginning of thread title.