safari can't do that?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by feyn-man, Nov 13, 2007.

1. feyn-man macrumors regular

1. Safari cannot use google talk in gmail. I can't find my contact list.

2. The google toolbar is simple. I want to highlight the word I was looking for when I open a website. How can I do that?

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

The new Safari in Leopard can do Google talk now.

The new search in Safari is remarkable as well. command+f adds a search bar at the top and begins highlighting words as you start typing.

Of course if you don't have Leopard, this won't help you much. I'm not sure how to do what you are wanting to do in previous versions of Safari.

3. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

leopard is pre-installed on my macbook. But I really cannot use google talk.

4. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Have you checked for any updates? I don't remember what I updated, but when I checked recently, there were several updates.

I don't have my Mac right now, but it is under the Apple in the menu bar in the upper left corner. Hope it helps

5. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much. I have updated the system 2 days ago. Does safari need update individually?

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

What version of Safari are you using? Click the "Safari" menu (next to the apple in the top left) and then select the first item, "About Safari".

7. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

No, it doesn't get updated separately (well, it is "separate" but still with everything else). It is weird that yours isn't working

8. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Download Firefox and use that if you can't get Safari to work.

9. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Why would you use GTalk in the browser? Just use it in iChat. Or Adium. Anyway, it works fine for me in Safari in Leopard (when I logged in to change my settings to allow IMAP access), so I'm not sure what's happening to you. As for highlighting a word, just use Cmd+F.

10. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

3.0.4 (5523.10)

11. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

That may be what did it. I recently enabled IMAP in my gmail account.

As for the browser, it is kind of nice to have it there if you are just checking your email quick and see someone on. There is certainly no harm in having it there.

12. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

I have solve the problem. If I change the language of google to English again, gtalk can work then. I think that is google's fault. Does anybody know where I can feedback to google about this problem?