Safari can't open the page

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tilden, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Tilden macrumors newbie

Alright everyone, I am a Mac Rookie so I apologize in advance for my post.

I have an I-Mac which is running OSX 10.5.4 I also run VMWARE Fusion for some work stuff. All of a sudden when I use Safari to access my MSN mail I get the below listed error msg. If I use Mozilla, there are no problems and if I use IE through my VMWare there are no problems. Safari used to work but all of a sudden it stopped working for email and banking online.

Any ideas? any help?

Safari can’t open the page.
    Too many redirects occurred trying to open This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

2. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Well try again after 5 or 10 minutes.

If nothing happens try to reset Safari.:)

3. Tilden thread starter macrumors newbie

tried that

Yeah, I have tried resetting safari, emptying the cache, rebooting the computer, and even waited a few days....nothing works except using another tool like IE or Mozilla

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

This happens when the MSN servers are overwhelmed and they start bouncing you between servers, trying to find an open one. Safari has a limit to how many times it can be redirected to prevent phishing or fraud. If this happens often, I would suggest downloading Firefox and using that to connect to MSN.

PS - It is iMac, even at the beginning of a sentence, since the capitalization is determined because iMac is a proper noun.

TEG

5. ReptileArmy macrumors newbie

ReptileArmy

MSN can have some problems with safari, best if you use firefox to check it :D

6. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Tilden to tell you the truth when i want to access my MSN account i use Firefox so...!;)

7. Tilden thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied.