Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stallknecht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Copenhagen
Hey all.

Since upgrading to 10.8.1 Safari has caused my 2011 iMac to freeze multiple times. When it happens I can't do nothing, but holding the power button until it turnes off.

Has any of you experienced the same problem? I know that Chrome is causing an almost identical problem. But I never use Chrome...

Thx.

IceMan30

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
Same here. I keep hoping the point updates will help, but no relief. I initially thought this might be tied to Calendar as well, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

For me, this primarily occurs when I either wake my iMac or when it's been sitting idle for a period of time. Possibly background network communication??

Anyone else? This is stupidly annoying...

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
Have you got Trusteer Rapport security software installed? If so, try disabling it in System Preferences and/or removing it.

Miek

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
Stockholm
After I upgraded toML 10.8.2 Safari also caused my Macbook to freeze several times and the only solution was to press and hold the power button...

But I found a simple solution that worked for me :)

I just went to the:

Menu Safari->Reset Safari

and the freezing stopped :) but I lost history cookies etc..

IceMan30

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
@ parish...i personally do not have the security software you mentioned installed.

@Miek...I'll give that a shot next time. Obviously not the preferred route, but maybe an easier headache to overcome than constant freezing. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.