Safari changes active tab by itself....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ScottSyrNY, Mar 30, 2008.

1. ScottSyrNY macrumors member

I'll have multiple tabs open in Safari and when a certain tab (foxnews.com) refreshes, Safari will automatically switch to that tab regardless of what I'm doing. This also happens when Safari is minimized and/or I'm working in another program...Safari will pop to the forefront with foxnews tab showing. My MBP is only a week and a half old and this did not happen for the first week I owned it. As you can imagine, it's extremely annoying.

Is my Safari possessed? I don't recall changing any settings that would make this happen.

Plz help!!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Some sites have code that'll tell the browser to make it the foreground window or tab regardless of what you're doing.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Fixed that for you.

I just tried it and it happened to me too. Another reason not to visit foxnews.com

4. ScottSyrNY thread starter macrumors member

Well that's just not right.

But would that apply in this case, since it didn't happen for the first week I owned the computer? I used Safari on my Dell and this never happened. Even in the middle of typing this reply my tab just changed over to foxnews.com tab....wtf....it's possessed.

5. ScottSyrNY thread starter macrumors member

Oh wow....did it to you too? That is a terrible thing to do to viewers of their site....i have to say I'm surprised.

6. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Fox News just wants to be sure you get the latest biased info on every "news" story the feel the need to cover.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

how often does it refresh? Coz i didn't see this with firefox for ....... 10 minutes?

edit, no it doesn't do this in firefox, I noticed the activity indicator on the tab, but no auto switching.