Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScottSyrNY

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Syracuse NY
I'll have multiple tabs open in Safari and when a certain tab (foxnews.com) refreshes, Safari will automatically switch to that tab regardless of what I'm doing. This also happens when Safari is minimized and/or I'm working in another program...Safari will pop to the forefront with foxnews tab showing. My MBP is only a week and a half old and this did not happen for the first week I owned it. As you can imagine, it's extremely annoying.

Is my Safari possessed? I don't recall changing any settings that would make this happen.

Plz help!!

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Some sites have code that'll tell the browser to make it the foreground window or tab regardless of what you're doing.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Some crappy "news" sites have code that'll tell the browser to make it the foreground window or tab regardless of what you're doing.

Fixed that for you.

I just tried it and it happened to me too. Another reason not to visit foxnews.com

ScottSyrNY

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Syracuse NY
Well that's just not right.

But would that apply in this case, since it didn't happen for the first week I owned the computer? I used Safari on my Dell and this never happened. Even in the middle of typing this reply my tab just changed over to foxnews.com tab....wtf....it's possessed.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
how often does it refresh? Coz i didn't see this with firefox for ....... 10 minutes?

edit, no it doesn't do this in firefox, I noticed the activity indicator on the tab, but no auto switching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.