Safari - Closing Tabs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kavier, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

It used to be that when I had multiple tabs open in Safari, I could close one simply by hovering over the tab and clicking the "x" that appeared in the left corner. With the recent Safari update, I can no longer do this and it's driving me crazy. Is there any option to get this functionality back. I already looked under preferences but did not see any options.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Are you in full screen mode? You can also close a tab by pressing Command-W.

3. Kavier thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I am not in full screen, though I did just try it there w/ no change. I know there are other ways to close tabs, but with the old way, I could close a tab even if I wasn't actually working in that tab at the time.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you tried restarting your computer? The update shouldn't have changed that behavior.

5. Kavier thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kavier

No, for some reason I didn't think of that. I am going to do that now and see if it helps!

----------

Restart a success! Thanks for your help:)

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Glad it worked for you. That's a good first step in troubleshooting, as it solves a great many simple problems.

7. Kavier thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kavier

Yeah, sad thing is I know it too. As soon as you said that it was definitely a facepalm moment!