Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Let's say I have three open Safari windows - is there a way to quickly/easily collapse the three open windows into one with three tabs (each tab representing the webpage open in each original window)?

If not, this should be a feature!

oculus42

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2002
Maine
Live Dragging Tabs

Merge All Windows is what you want, but also note that you can live-drag tabs between windows, if you just want to re-organize your tabs/windows.

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Merge All Windows is what you want, but also note that you can live-drag tabs between windows, if you just want to re-organize your tabs/windows.

Sorry, I should have been more specific - this is what I want to do, but I can only manage to separate one tab into a new window... how do I replace that tab specifically into another window without merging them all?

freesonwang

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2009
Trust your intuition. You can also drag tabs from any window to another window and it will stay a tab and not become a new window. (Tab -> Tab into another window).

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
Sorry, I should have been more specific - this is what I want to do, but I can only manage to separate one tab into a new window... how do I replace that tab specifically into another window without merging them all?

You just have to make sure the tab bars are visible in both windows first, then dragging should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.