Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iskhj000

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Texas
:confused:I saw this on a thread and was trying it out: http://www.lifeclever.com/17-powerful-bookmarklets-for-your-iphone/

In there it says how to use it. I am on a PC/Windows XP. I don't show anything on iTunes that references Safari.

Where is the "Safari’s Bookmarks Bar" ?

From web page:
To use, just drag the links into Safari’s Bookmarks Bar and synch them to your iPhone via iTunes. Next, bring up the Bookmarks Bar folder on your iPhone and simply tap the bookmarklet you want to use.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
apple thought it for you! Just use Internet explorer, instead of safari!

Ps, apple makes it not working with firefox or opera too!

iskhj000

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Texas
apple thought it for you! Just use Internet explorer, instead of safari!

Ps, apple makes it not working with firefox or opera too!

Sorry I am being slow (new to all of this)
I go back into IE and bring up the web site.
I drag the individual links into iTunes? or where for Itunes to sync it back ito the Safary bookmarks?

tm1000

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
If you have windows you need to install Safari 3.0 beta. I can't confirm this will sync the bookmarks though as I have a mac.

Anyways in iTunes click your ipod Touch, then click the info tab, scroll down to web browser and click sync safari bookmarks.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Sorry I am being slow (new to all of this)
I go back into IE and bring up the web site.
I drag the individual links into iTunes? or where for Itunes to sync it back ito the Safary bookmarks?

U need to add those links to the bookmark of ie, then connect ipt, go to iTunes , there is a bunch of tabs on itouch screen of iTunes , there is an option of sync bookmarks with ie,

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
If you have windows you need to install Safari 3.0 beta. I can't confirm this will sync the bookmarks though as I have a mac.

Anyways in iTunes click your ipod Touch, then click the info tab, scroll down to web browser and click sync safari bookmarks.

No, safari is not needed, that's misleading

iskhj000

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Texas
I found it - you were right - thanks a bunch

I was being REALLY slow and didn't realize that I had to page down (only one I have to) on the info tab. the synk bookmarks was on the bottom. It works great.

Thanks so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.