Safari Crash on Launch - DP5

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by PsykX, Aug 5, 2014.

1. PsykX macrumors 6502a

PsykX

So I went from DP4 to DP5 yesterday and suddenly Safari stopped working for good, throwing this crash between 1 and 10 seconds upon launch :

It's like it's trying to add the launch page from Safari into their history SQLite database, but they're injecting empty data. I do have a lunch page when I start Safari, it's not a blank page.

Here's the crash log when I put in a blank page :
    I tried disabling extensions, deleting history, deleting preferences, etc. but nothing seems to fix the problem. I have an iMac 27-in from late 2013.

Does anybody have a fix in mind ? Else I will just report it to Apple and cross my finger for a fix in DP6. I can't stand other browsers on the OS X platform.

2. stoopkidblues macrumors regular

stoopkidblues

Same issue here. I'm attempting a clean install but we may just be the unlucky beta testers this round. I'll let you know how it goes.

3. hacra macrumors newbie

Same issue here. As soon as safari opens it starts loading the websites and crashes within 10s or so. It keeps crashing after the history was removed.

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    Process Model:
    Multiple Web Processes

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** setObjectForKey: object cannot be nil (key: INSERT INTO history_items (url, domain_expansion, visit_count, daily_visit_counts, weekly_visit_counts, autocomplete_triggers)VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?))'
    abort() called
    terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

4. PsykX thread starter macrumors 6502a

PsykX

Ok I got some more info for you : it's either fixed in the next DP, OR Apple actually didn't understand what the person before me reported.

5. hacra macrumors newbie

I have used the feeback assistant as well, and sent the safary and system diagnosis plus the crash report.

I am sure others probably have reported as well.

If i recall correctly there was a similar error before with keynote and i think it was related with how it handled the user fonts...

tried to disable user fonts and use the fix that worked for keynote to no avail.

So i guess we will have to wait for extra news.