Safari crash on Yosemite

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by MikeyLevy, Jul 22, 2014.

1. MikeyLevy macrumors newbie

Hey,

I'm having a Macbook Air mid 2013 Model. I'm running Yosemite DP4. Since DP1 safari keep crashing when i'm enter an address. Here is the log of the crash:

Thank you very much!

2. keeywc macrumors newbie

Same here...

Hi there, I had the same problem as u got for a while now and havent got a solution yet..I just use Chrome instead. I am using DP4, too. Just so you know I didnt do a clean installation for Yosemite and the problem would not exist if I create a new account.

3. mt247 macrumors newbie

Had the same issues. Installed the Beta 1 and all is fine!!
    My guess is, that my upgrade form 10.9 to DP2 and afterward DP4 was causing my Issues. However after going from DP4 to Beta 1 all is fine again!!

4. skyisle macrumors newbie

Launch Safari and select History -> Clear history from menu. It fixes this crash.

5. northover macrumors newbie

Yosemite Safari Crash

How can you go into history if safari keeps crashing?

6. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Fingers crossed but it looks like this fixed the crash for me. Safari would work fine for a while but usually under a minute I'd get the spinning wheel and it would lock up.

I launched Safari and quickly cleared History and Website Data. It crashed the first time but I was able to do it the second time and so far no crashes.

Thank you skyisle! :D

7. Aunty Oof macrumors newbie

I've just had this happen to me and cannot get Safari to reopen long enough to do anything with it, please help!

8. Whit27 macrumors newbie

Same here, Safari crashes and won't allow me to do anything in it. It works fine in safe mode and I have cleared the history in safe mode but doesn't help fix the issues when out of safe mode.

Whit

9. Aunty Oof macrumors newbie

My sister used to work for Apple!!

Control, Command and Escape all at once and the you can force quit. Worked for me and I now have a properly functioning Safari!

10. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Do you mean CMD + ALT + ESC?