safari crashed from plugins.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hieuky, Feb 28, 2009.

1. hieuky macrumors member

>__<

i just downloaded a couple of safari plugins and one of them or even both of them caused safari to not work properly. it won't open and kept saying that the cause of this was from the plugins. so, i tried looking for those from the crash log and they weren't in there at all. is there some kind of folder, log, or anything that still have those plugins which can be removed?

it was uh.. cooliris and inquisitor. >__<

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I thought all browser plugins were stored in Macintosh HD/Library/Internet Plug-ins. I checked in the ~/Library/Safari folder and there isn't anything in there for plugins either.

3. hieuky thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply. i found two bundles of cooliris and inquisitor somewhere... forgot where. anyways, tried deleting them and emptied the trash, it said it cannot be complete because they're being in used although safari is not even working and not opened. 0__o

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Launch Activity Monitor, stop the 2 processes if you see them listed there. Then try emptying Trash. If you still can't empty the Trash or they're not listed in Activity Monitor, you may have to go into Safe Boot to disable them before you can move them to the Trash and empty.

5. hieuky thread starter macrumors member

for some odd reasons, after replying about there were two bundles in the trash that won't be emptied, they were finally emptied. now, i tried opening safari back again and it still won't work. it keeps leaving the same message about the plugins that caused the problem. so, i tried restarting and still no good.

6. hieuky thread starter macrumors member

whoa, lemme tell you what's creepy.

after this long morning to afternoon of removing those annoying plugins... i ignored the message of sending to apple about what happened everrr since until few minutes ago. i did sent them, telling them what happened. then when clicked "send to apple" ...

then safari came back working again!

:eek:

thank you so much, though!