Safari crashes a lot!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MarkW19, Nov 21, 2007.

1. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I'm now on my 2nd UK iPhone (1.1.2), and Safari seems to crash a lot on both. Particularly on Engadget, and even on apple.com/iphone! It's happened a lot of times.

I've tried the usual force-quit and restarts etc., but the problem still remains.

Has anyone else been having trouble?

2. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Yes, the last couple of days, Safari has crashed every few minutes. It's really annoying me now. If i have a few 'tabs/webpages' open at the same time, Safari crashes and if i have the iPod playing while i use Safari, the iPod player and Safari both crash.

3. mrJnC macrumors regular

How much storage is remaining on your iPhones?

Settings > General > About > Available

4. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Mine crashes even when there's only one page open, and the iPod isn't playing! On normal sites like Engadget and even Apple's iPhone pages.

I have 132MB left on my iPhone.

EDIT: I've cleared a bit of music and photos, and I've now got 560MB free. I'll see how it goes.

5. 7jjm macrumors newbie

When on Safari, iPod cuts out!

Exactly the same thing is happening to me, if I am listening to music on the iPod and browsing on Safari, the iPod cuts out! I am taking mine back to the Carphone Warehouse tonight to swap it for another one. Do you think they all do that, or is it just a handful? I'm sure they all wouldn't, as it is an iPod - Phone! Other than that - AMAZING.

6. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

I think a lot of/most people have the iPod/Safari issue, but my Safari crashes even when the iPod ISN'T playing, and when only one normal page is open.