safari crashes after last update 10.4.11

Discussion in 'macOS' started by esquirefox007, Feb 10, 2008.

1. esquirefox007 macrumors newbie

hi i have a question so i can see what is wrong with my browser .
    i installed to version 10.4.11 a few weeks now, the problem is that every time i open safari it keeps crashing . I just tried again and is always the same thing , plus i tried to send a report to apple and it says that im not connected to the internet i have tried disk utility and still is not working
    i used a G4 867 MHz power pc 2mb L3 cache
    1 gb sdram
    here is the log so you can help me thanks im not sure could be that one of the plugins is not compatible with the release of safari , but im not shure of that:D

Feb 10 21:54:01 administrators-power-mac-g4 Crash Reporter[5912]: *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Users/administrator/Library/InputManagers/SafariScript/SafariScript.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SafariScript for bundle /Users/administrator/Library/InputManagers/SafariScript/SafariScript.bundle, error code 4 (link edit error code 4, error number 0 (Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/CocoaScriptMenu.framework/Versions/A/CocoaScriptMenu\n Referenced from: /Users/administrator/Library/InputManagers/SafariScript/SafariScript.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SafariScript\n Reason: image not found))
    Feb 10 21:54:01 administrators-power-mac-g4 Crash Reporter[5912]: No identifier for bundle at path '/Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/OnePasswdCamino.bundle'
    Feb 10 21:54:01 administrators-power-mac-g4 Crash Reporter[5912]: No identifier for bundle at path '/Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/OnePasswdDEVONagent.bundle'
    Feb 10 21:54:01 administrators-power-mac-g4 Crash Reporter[5912]: No identifier for bundle at path '/Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/OnePasswdNNW.bundle'
    Feb 10 21:54:01 administrators-power-mac-g4 Crash Reporter[5912]: No identifier for bundle at path '/Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/OnePasswdOmniWeb.bundle'
    Feb 10 21:54:01 administrators-power-mac-g4 Crash Reporter[5912]: No identifier for bundle at path '/Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/OnePasswdSafari.bundle'
    2008-02-10 21:54:03.605 iCal Helper[5915] No identifier for bundle at path '/Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/OnePasswdCamino.bundle'
    2008-02-10 21:54:03.606 iCal Helper[5915] No identifier for bundle at path '/Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/OnePasswdDEVONagent.bundle'
    2008-02-10 21:54:03.607 iCal Helper[5915] No identifier for bundle at path '/Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/OnePasswdNNW.bundle'
    2008-02-10 21:54:03.607 iCal Helper[5915] No identifier for bundle at path '/Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/OnePasswdOmniWeb.bundle'
    2008-02-10 21:54:03.607 iCal Helper[5915] No identifier for bundle at path '/Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/OnePasswdSafari.bundle'
    Feb 10 21:54:33 administrators-power-mac-g4 Crash Reporter[5912]: Error CURLcode: 7 errorbuffer: Failed to connect to 17.254.2.214: Host is down
    Feb 10 21:54:42 administrators-power-mac-g4 crashdump[5922]: Crash Reporter crashed
    Feb 10 21:54:44 administrators-power-mac-g4 crashdump[5922]: crash report written to: /Users/administrator/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Crash Reporter.crash.log

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Did you get Security Update 2007-009 v1.1? It fixed some Safari crash problems.

3. esquirefox007 thread starter macrumors newbie

safari crashes still

Hi did what you recommended and i updated and still crashes what can i do ?

4. Amdahl macrumors 65816

If you suspect a Plugin, you can try removing the plugins and see if the problem goes away. They are stored in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins and in your user directory under ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

I also once saw a Safari that crashed when you started it, before anything loaded. The problem was cured by installing the 10.4.11 Combo updater on the system.

5. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

You've got a ton of Safari hacks installed. Try removing them, I bet the crashing will stop. Then add them back one by one to determine which one is the guilty one.

6. esquirefox007 thread starter macrumors newbie

deleting plug ins

yes thanks for the advice i did also that which i grab all the plugins and threw them to the trash bin aon both libraries and log out and in plus i created a new user acc. and safari still crashes

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I had the same problem - for some reason for me it was something in my history.plist that was giving me a problem.

I found out by downloading firefox and importing the settings from safari one at a time. So go to Users/"Your User Name Here"/Library/Safari and trash the history.plist file - see if that works.

D

8. chawks08 macrumors newbie

Thanks!

I had the same problem with Safari crashing this morning & by trashing the history.plist file it cleared it out. Thanks so much I was really starting to get a little ticked off!

9. anamaste macrumors newbie

My Safari had been so erratic with its performance, i.e. crash after crash some more frequent than others, that I opted to check other Browsers. Now the Firefox has started to act up but the Camino has remained rock-solid. Unfortunately it does not allow me to use 1Password as Firefox, so I opted to first give Safari another try but still the crashes. SO.... searched out this 'solution' re dumping the 'History.plist' file and BINGO = No crashes!
    Thanks kindly