All iPads Safari crashes - as bad on iPad Mini Retina?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by biffarino, Feb 26, 2014.

1. biffarino, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014

biffarino macrumors member

Had a 64GB Air since just after launch and have had probelms since then. In the main, Safari crashes, but issues with Mail, iTunes store and App Store too.

Opened a case with Apple in Jan and went through a few hoops of crash logs, different restores etc. Long story short, I exchanged it on Monday this week for a new device (to rule out hardware). Got it home and Safari starts crashing.

Have been told that I can have a refund on the device, but I'm sort of loathed to do so because the iPad fits my needs and I have invested in the eco system since 2007/8.

My GF has a Mini Retina and doesn't seem to have nearly as many issues - so I thought I'd ask people in here that were a bit more clued up as to whether the iOS 7 situation is bad on a Mini?
    Thanks,

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

The issue is not the hardware or the supposed lack of ram i.e. 1GB which is debatable but it appears it's the OS and how it works with the 64 bit hardware. Those who are beta testing 7.1 say there is a marked improvement over 7.0.x with less crashes and an overall smoothness to the UI.

I just ordered an Air from Best Buy and i'll just wait it out. Some are even saying that we may get some news on iOS 8 in a few months.