Safari Crashes - Ever fixed?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by grale22, Aug 7, 2008.

1. grale22 macrumors newbie

I've had both iPhones and been through all the firmware upgrades and have always suffered with regular Safari crashes on both phones.

Has anyone ever solved this?

2. grale22 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Safari crashes have been reduced once I upgraded to 2.0.1, but they haven't disappeared.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Still crashes frequently. :mad:

It seems that Safari crashes more when I use it in landscape format…

5. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

It crashes for me all the time also. It seems if you do any extended viewing (more than 2 minutes worth) it crashes.

6. GHST macrumors newbie

7. Dizle macrumors 6502

Yup mine crashes once in a while too, only notice it in landscape mode but thats about all I use while in safari. Not that bad just open safari up again and it brings you to the same page but I know this problem should not occur.

8. parham55 macrumors member

safari crashes regularly for me too. I find it happens after surfing for more than 5 min or so. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm in portrait or landscape.

9. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

Now that you mention it. It does work better when in portrait mode. Never noticed that. Hasn't crashed yet.

10. rdp5008 macrumors regular

rdp5008

I get random Safari crashes too. The worst is the LAG when trying to type, mainly in Mail and SMS. Argh!!

11. slapppy macrumors 65816

Do any of you have the app NYT that's New York Times reader. I've noticed that app places a settings control panel on the iPhone. Well that app is a POS that constantly crashes and started to cause Safari to crash continually and even slows down typing on the web. I deleted it and rebooted the iPhone and now Safari has stopped crashing. Typing has sped up also.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just downloaded three apps and while going through some of the game apps, I had two crashes...:eek: What's sad, is the lack of ability to notify anyone like when I crash on my MBA or Mac Pro. Also noticed some lag while typing Mail and SMS.:(

13. slapppy macrumors 65816

Did you delete the apps and rebooted the iPhone? Any of these apps leaving a control panel setting?