Safari crashes! Help me! I am going insane.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sourgreenapple, Aug 11, 2009.

1. sourgreenapple macrumors newbie

Please help me! I am going insane. Safari has been crashing since i downloaded the safari 4 beta. Since then i downgraded back to safari 3, and then software update automatically updated me to safari 4 (not beta) when it came out. My problems still exist when i try another browser (such as firefox). When i downloaded the safari 4 beta, safari started crashing. The rate of crashes per hour increased steadily since then. It went from a crash every hour or so to all the way to a crash every 10-20 minutes. At that point i went back to safari 3. No change. Software update installs safari 4 when it comes out. Since then, same thing except 95% of the time instead of crashing, the spinning wheel of death comes for an infinite amount of time forcing me to force quit safari. The sites i am on, or amount of tabs open doesnt seem to affect when it will crash. I am now at a point where it is crashing about every 5 minutes, and this is driving me insane because i am now taking an online class, and reading many online articles. I am using a 2.2 GHZ Macbook pro (pre-unibody) with 2 GB of RAM, running the latest version of leopard with all updates installed. Please, please help me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash. I don't know what else to try.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Same thing happened to me. I started a thread about it as well.

Nothing fixed it until I downloaded the Safari Webkit and they've gone away. So something is whack with Safari on my end but if you still want to experience Safari 4 download Webkit -- I think it's better to do regardless.