Safari crashes router on MySpace?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kalamity, Jan 2, 2008.

1. kalamity macrumors newbie

It seems every site I go to on Safari, loads perfectly and smoothly, but when I come across MySpace, I log in, but by the time I'm at the user home page, my AirPort bars are all grayed out and I am no longer connected to the internet. After closing the MySpace tab everything is back to normal.
    Is there a way to fix this so I don't have to use another browser JUST for MySpace?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

4. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Haha I gave up on MySpace quite a while ago after my comments turned to pure spam and it never worked right on Safari.

5. kalamity thread starter macrumors newbie

I've gotten Opera just for MySpace, as Firefox and Camino seem to be a little too slow compared to Safari for me.

Ha, I really hope Apple can fix that problem soon, it'd be a big help. :p

6. kalamity thread starter macrumors newbie

Eck.

I'm back. My problem still has not persisted. It's only MySpace, I don't understand it. It will kick me off the network and my router will essentially shut itself down, then when I close MySpace the router is fine. This is getting really annoying, I shouldn't HAVE to use some **** browser for one site...

7. farbeyond macrumors newbie

I use MySpace loads, I can't say I've ever had a problem with Safari. The only site which causes me a headache is eBay and for that I just use Firefox.

8. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

what you have to have in mind, is that myspace uses a LOT of VERY bad code, teenagers copy and pasting crap willy nilly, the main problem is really that site, not to say it should cause a browser to crash but just explaining as to why it might, i dont use it so i cant test anything.