Safari crashes up considerably with 2.1 software?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mazda 3s, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Mazda 3s macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Safari has never been a pinnacle of stability with the iPod touch (or the iPhone for the matter), but it appears to be MUCH worse with the 2.1 update. I typically have no more than two pages open at a time, but I still get crashes just about every 5 or 10 minutes.

The last time it happened, I had eBay open in one page and was browsing Gizmodo -- it crashed. Before that, I was simply browsing the Mac Rumors forum (the only page open), and it crashed after five minutes.

What is the deal? Why can't Apple get Safari stable?

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

same issue here... dont remember it being this bad in a while... hopefully i can stay busy at work and not have to play with it much.

3. Mazda 3s thread starter macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Grrrrrrr. Was browsing Zinio with Safari and it crashed again.

4. idesign245 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if restoring the iPod helps with the safari crashes? Mines been crashing like crazy and I thought it might be the downloaded apps so I took them all off, but it made no difference. Just in the process of restoring and hoping that might help out a bit. This is getting really annoying...:mad:

5. Pain macrumors regular

I swear, with the 2.1 software, my iPod Touch is more stable than ever. Safari almost never crashes for me and I have an occasional crash with an application, but everything else is working great. 1G by the way.

6. OnTheiTouch2G macrumors member

One ad or graphic intensive website easily crashes my safari. I.e. Popsci.com or theatlantic.com brings it down every time. Not to mention how easy it goes while typing in a text box on a website.....