Safari crashes when i open my Macbook, help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Biggsnwedge1138, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Biggsnwedge1138 macrumors newbie

This seems to happen almost everytime I open my macbook. Safari crashes and any tabs I had open are lost. idk if this is helpful but here is some of the latest details section of the crash notice. Any ideas how i can stop this? thanks.

2. codyzu macrumors newbie

I have had similar behavior on my MacBook. However, it is not always limited to Safari. Basically, when I wake my MacBook from sleep either a couple apps crash or finder crashes and I get a blue screen for a couple of seconds and all apps are closed (looks like when I do a restart). This only starting happening after I installed Snow Leopard. I brought it into the Apple store and the genius dude told me that it probably has something to do with the OS going to sleep and not reading the state back properly when woken up. He said it does not appear to be a hardware issue and that it is most likely a snow leopard issue. He put my power saving settings so that the hard drive will not go to sleep which seems to minimize the occurrences. Finally, he said I will just have to wait for a snow leopard update :(

3. Biggsnwedge1138 thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm how much of an effect on battery life did keeping the hard discs on have?