Safari crashes when I visit this site...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NYR99, Jun 27, 2010.

1. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I have a website for work that I have to access daily. On day 1 of the iPhone 4 and during the whole life of my original iPhone, iPhone 3G and 3Gs, I have never had a problem with the site. Now when I try to access the site Safari will crash a second or two after I press continue on the security pop-up. Can you please try to access this site via your iPhone 4 and tell me if your Safari crashes? Thanks.
    https://crew.lirr.org

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

It works ok on my iPhone 4 (over Wi-Fi) but it's very slow to make the security warning appear.

3. JeffreyDJ macrumors regular

I'm gonna say no, not going to try and access it ... try restarting your iPhone and try again.

4. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

non-issue, stop using that site.

Steve Jobs

Sent from my iPhone

5. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the help. :rolleyes:

6. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lmao, sounds about right.

7. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Same problem here with one of our websites for work. As soon as I upgraded to 4.0 the main login page would crash Safari. It works on pre 4.0 and the iPad and desktop Safari. I tried enabling developer debug but it does not show anything before the crash. The login page is pretty simple and I have compared it to another similar page that does not cause the problem.

8. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Not sure what to tell you. It loads terribly slow on my firefox and chrome browser. It seems to work on opera browser mini if its crucial to you, but other then that I don't know what could cause it.

9. JeffreyDJ macrumors regular

I'm not near my phone!

When I've had issues like that before, I restarted and it worked ... Did you even try a restart?

10. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, and I've tried 3 different iPhone 4's.

I didn't think about using a different browser to access it. I'll download Atomic Web Browser just to access that site when I need to.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

11. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Atomic browser is a great browser to me! :D

12. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

"Don't visit that site''

-Steve Jobs

Sent from my iPhone

13. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ummmm, it was funny the first time someone did that in this thread.

14. BevVincent macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with a webmail account with a faulty certificate. Safari now crashes after the upgrade while loading the page after bypassing the certificate, where it didn't before. Opera, on the other hand, works fine.

15. John0872 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem accessing Outlook Webmail using a self-signed certificate. Safari crashes using ios4, but it worked fine before.

16. seeloesix macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue accessing work wifi.. Certificate unrecognized popup, select continue, Safari crash...

I will try Opera tomorrow and followup...

Started with iPhone4, never happened with 3G...

[edit] Just remembered my coworker with iPhone4 has no issues...very odd..I would think he would have the same issue..I am jailbroken, he's not, only difference I can think of...anyone else with the issue jailbroken??

Worked fine on jailbroken 3G.

Thanks!

17. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

Just tried the site and looks like I didn't have any problem. Got the security warning about not being able to verify and if I wanted to continue anyway.

18. seeloesix macrumors newbie

Unfortunately Opera did not work in my case. I never got the security certificate popup, or wifi login once I connected. It's like an airport wifi, you connect then are forwarded to a login page... Pretty frustrating. On the other hand Opera didn't crash, but it just hung...