Safari Crashes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eusebius, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Eusebius macrumors member

Safari (version 2) crashes about once a day. Is this normal? It's certainly frustrating to lose all the open tabs! I otherwise like Safari a lot and would like to stay with it, but these crashes get on my nerves. Would Safari 3 beta be any more stable? Or perhaps Opera is more reliable. Don't much like Camino or Firefox.

p.s. I have no plug-ins or any add-ons that might interfere with Safari behavior.

2. ladiauctioneer macrumors newbie

Me To!

Hi,

I was using 2 and it started doing that about a month ago. I updated to 3 beta version and it was fine until yesterday and then it started doing it. I have problems with PDFs also.

I repaired my permissions...no change. :mad:

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks,
    DD

3. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

Safari drives me absolutely mad. Constantly locks up and is always dropping my internet connection. Apple really needs to update Safari asap. :mad:

4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Safari 2.x crashed on me almost once a day as well. Usually from the memory problem is has.

Safari 3 is rock solid and great. Almost never crashes now and manages memory a little better.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Lucky you...Apple has replaced my Macbook recently, and Safari 2 was solid on both, while Safari3 has been buggy on both...