Safari crashes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zoran, Nov 26, 2007.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Ive upgraded to the latest Tiger update 10.4.11 which uses Safari 3.0.4 and im very displeased with the outcome of this upgrade. Safari just crashes 30-40 times a day, specially when im opening more than 1 page in tabs simultaneously and not only, also when opening them without tabs! Has anyone come across this or might there be some other conflict i should be looking for?

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I've used Safari 3 on Tiger ever since the beta was released and have had no problems at all. Do you have any addons installed at all that may need updating?

3. TheStu macrumors 65816

Do you have any plugins? I know that I was able to use one plugin for about 2 restarts of Safari, then I could never open Safari again. So, make sure you have no plugins installed.

4. stanleyd macrumors newbie

Safari 3.0.4 with Tiger Upgrade

Too bad. I too am experiencing crashes with the upgrade to 10.4.11. Whenever I close a window (regardless of the number open) the program closes. It's not so much a freeze-crash or anything like that, the app just shuts down. This closure/shut down event also occurs when closing a tab. I hope someone knows something about how to correct it. How do we remove the 10.4.11 and go back one version?

5. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes i have some plugins, whats their use anyway? Will it be wise to kill em all?

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes i agree, same probs here too. Not a freeze crash but only shut down crashes! Especially when opening tabs and closing them!

7. stanleyd macrumors newbie

Solved

Although there's no logic to my resolution, (installed 10.4.11 upgrade and new Safari had crash problems) but I no longer have the crashes. I "upgraded" to Leopard. No blue screen, no problems. I did "clone" my computer to a remote drive and removed ACE as recommended. Safari installed with 10.4.11 must have been replaced with X.5 version.

8. TheStu macrumors 65816

Well, some plugins add functionality to the tab bar, others block ads, others give you a better search bar... But not all of them are happy to work with the new Safari.

9. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

so where are those plugins located so i can delete them?

10. mock5120 macrumors newbie

Leopard

I am running it o Leopard and am having the same problems. Safari crashes every time I open multiple tabs. Rather annoying. I don't like Firefox as much, but I had to switch over, as it seems a lot more stable, at least on my computer. Also, the new Safari is supposed to be SO fast, but Firefox is running much, much faster, as it will load tabs and windows that aren't the current front tab/window.

11. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Have to find a way to fix this, as i am more fond of Safari over Firefox! Anyone to help????

12. accinsp macrumors newbie

Safari shuts down

I just wanted to chime in also so that everyone knows. I was using Beta 3.0 prior to upgrading to 10.4.11 which included the new safari. I had no problems while using beta. Now after upgrading to 10.4.11, safari randomly shuts down. There is no rhyme or reason. I could be entering data in a form hit submit and it shuts down. Click on a link to open a new window or tab and it shuts down. It does it when it wants to and usually at the most inopportune times. If anyone comes up with a solution, please pass it on.

13. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok its fixed, i cleared the Input Managers folder that contained some files from Speed Download and all is perfect now! Hope this helps!

14. caseydude macrumors newbie

My Safari,Firefox or whatever shuts down all the time I think its a new system wide problem

15. TheStu macrumors 65816

Have you tried repairing permissions?

16. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

There's a new version of the Security Update that addresses this, if you've not already installed it.

17. caseydude macrumors newbie

I have repaired permission reinstalled leopard all with Apple tech support on the phone still nothing helps still crashes randomly I have to call tech support again Monday.:(

18. vwburton macrumors newbie

my problem is speed download enhancer, but it can be any another plug-in that is not 'friendly' with safari upgrades. cleaning up the inputmanagers folder will fix the problem.

19. MickdyMickdyMAC macrumors member

I always get the crash when attaching documents to emails in both gmail and MSOutlookWebAccess. No plugins; nothing in InputManagers folder.