Safari crashes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Snips, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Snips macrumors regular

I love my iPhone and use it for surfing for around 90 mins most days. This is usually on my commute, so I'm listening to music while surfing on a mix of non-Edge, Edge, and no coverage ;) I also surf on wifi during most days.

It's running 1.1.4.

I've been using it for months, and it's brilliant, with just the occasional crash, normally brought on be specific web-pages (very occasionally when making a post on a forum, for instance).

However, the last couple of weeks, Safari has taken to crashing quite frequently, perhaps a couple of times an hour, on pages where it has been previously stable. It's just Safari that closes, taking me back to the Springboard page. If I relaunch Safari, it reloads the page where it crashed.

AFAIK, nothing has changed.

I've tried a full restart, but the problem hasn't gone away.

I'm thinking maybe there's some temporary storage that's full?

Anyone else seen this symptom?

2. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

As I type. I've been browsing for about 15 minutes and it has quit 4 times already. I'm only on forums so not loads of images etc but it's getting more frequent and getting on my baps. I've tried everything and nothing seems to make a difference.

3. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

Come to think of it, ive noticed that as well, last night i was using mine for about 20 minutes and it crashed/quit at lest 3 times. I was on macrumors, autoblog, topgear, iplayer etc... It hasnt been doing this since I last updated the softwre 2 months ago i think, but the last few dys it has been crashing alot.

4. cvong macrumors newbie

is anyone having problem with safari crashing on 2.0? It sometimes crashes on me. :(

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Quite the opposite, it is more stable

Try restoring it