Safari Crashing A lot

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mashinhead, Jun 9, 2007.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Safari has been crashing a lot for me lately, and not just restart crashes, it has been crashing to the point it resets my homepage, and puts the default bookmarks (ebay, amazon, etc) back in the bookmarks box. It basically resets the default settings of font size, and no tabbed browsing. I have repaired permission regualarly. Any thoughts?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Hmmm...maybe a bad preferences file??...drag the com.apple.Safari.plist file in your Home/Library/Preferences folder to the desktop and see if that helps. If it does, you can trash that file.

Good luck.

4. Dogger macrumors member

I had this issue after importing to my new intel iMac and from my wifes G4 to my old G5, found that Quicktime had become corrupted, reinstalled and it's fine now. Not sure if this is your issue but you could try reinstalling QT.

5. CaptainZap macrumors regular

And you can possibly try reinstalling Safari using the Safari.pkg which is found in Macintosh HD > Library > Receipts.

6. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

Acid Search will crash Safari if your internet connection isn't working right.

7. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

I noticed when I browse answers.yahoo.com with Safari the site tends to crash the web browser a lot for some reason. :(