safari crashing a lot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by potterg, Feb 21, 2008.

1. potterg macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

is it just me or is safari crashing all the freaking time? In the past 10 minutes it has crashed at least 12 times. I'm wondering if it has gotten worse since the last update. This happening to anyone else?

2. claukd macrumors newbie

"Safari Crahsing a lot"

I've had this happen to and this is how I resolved it. Do a phone reset.

1. Hold down the top "power" button on your iphone until the "slide to power off" screen shows.
    2. Slide it to turn the phone off.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then hold down the "power" button again until the Apple Icon appears in the middle of the screen. After a few more seconds, you should get your normal welcome screen.

That's it, you should be back to normal with Safari.....atleast, that worked for me. Hope this helps.

3. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

I'm confused? that's just turning it off. Right? From my understanding to reset it you have to hold the power button AND the home button simultaneously until it restarts- keep holding for a couple seconds PAST the "slide to power off" menu..

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's correct...

what you are referring to is called "the Hard-Boot" in which you hold the "power button" and the "home button" down at the same time until the iPhone shuts down. The iPhone will actually take a little longer to shutdown. After you "slide to power off" just press the "power button" and everything should be back to normal. :cool:

5. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

oh, cool..learn something new everyday- that means I can go back to bed now, I'm done my learnin' for the day..
    ;-)

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

As said above just turn it off and then back on. I've been doing this since day 1 and it really works. Also works with multiple page crashings.

7. dj420118 macrumors regular

it was happening to me...i just called apple and sent in the phone and they gave me a new one woo hoo

8. GSA190 macrumors member

GSA190

Something that helps my Safari from crashing is going to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Clear Cache.