Safari Crashing At Hotels

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by merc669, Oct 15, 2007.

1. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Question for all those travelers out there. When I travel a lot of the hotels today offer either wired or wi-fi internet. Some have no logins and others require a login and password. On my MBP if I use Safari and bring up the internet it automatically steers you to the Hotels Login Page. Sometimes it crashes there and other times when I start typing the login info. It crashes. Only way to login is to use "Firefox" which works just fine and then I switch back to Safari and it now works fine. Any ideas how to correct this issue with Safari. Or is there another way login so I can login with Safari? Thanks!!

Bill........:apple:

2. officerdick macrumors regular

This is not Safaris fault. This is because theese login pages are poorly programmed. Though Safari is Wc3 compatible most homepages are not :(
    There's is nothing else you can do than use a different browser for the login, and notify the hotel.

EDIT: sometimes safari plug-ins cause the crash, try to disable them

3. Integer macrumors newbie

Poorly programmed or not, a web browser shouldn't crash. It is indeed Safari's fault - unless, as you mention, the blame lies with a particular plugin or modification.

4. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

merc669

My son is suffering the same thing only from his ISP who requires him to login every 3 days. I guess the way they have it setup is via DHCP and he has to renew it. I was there to help configure his WRT54G-TM Router and thru there tech support. Once I was able to login I downloaded FireFox in a hurry. I think it is UnSat that even ISP's are that naive to believe that WIndoze is the only operating system out there. Not very fond of Linksys and their support page mentioning their non-intention to support Apple or others for that matter either...Firefox works so I guess its a workable solution.

Bill......:apple: