safari crashing pretty frequent

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iapplelove, Oct 1, 2013.

1. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

iphone 5 ios7, about twice a day i can get safari to crash, especially if i'm surfing heavy text pages..

today i really needed to look something up on the fly for work and it crashed,then it got annoying.

but i really have not seen to many other members having issues with safari on their device after the update.

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I had serious safari crashing issues in all the betas. It was almost unusable. Did a full clean restore to the GM and have not had any issues since. Were you on any of the betas and did you do a clean install to the GM?

3. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i was running all the betas but went back to ios6 with an old back up, then updated to the public release ota. i'm noticing more problems after 7.0.2

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I get at least 2 Safari crashes per day on my iPhone 5s and the vast majority of time it's with just the one tab open.

Hopefully they'll straighten this out in iOS7 updates... it's getting silly.

5. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Yea it's been happening a lot more in iOS 7 than iOS 6. The release is simply is not final even if Apple wants to call it that. 7.1 Should be what iOS 7 should have been since launch. Especially for iPads since Apple decided to dedicate their resources to the iPhone build of iOS 7.0