Safari crashing under Leopard

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
I just upgraded to Leopard and all went seemingly well. Now Safari wont open and I get a message The application Safari quit unexpectedly. Ive sent a report to apple like 5 times. Any ideas?:confused:

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I just upgraded to Leopard and all went seemingly well. Now Safari wont open and I get a message The application Safari quit unexpectedly. Ive sent a report to apple like 5 times. Any ideas?:confused:
Yeah, try Firefox ;)

Seriously though, FF loads much faster in Leopard than it did with Tiger - it's super quick.

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
Disregard this post...I determined my problem. In my case, I had reorganized my applications folder under Tiger. The upgrade fail to recognize the changes I had made and as a result failed to replace the old apps with the new ones...easy fix.:rolleyes:

dirtyhand

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2007
If people are still using Firefox after Leopard, I feel sorry for their souls. The new safari in Leopard is amazingly fast

cuanurse

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
Virginia
If people are still using Firefox after Leopard, I feel sorry for their souls. The new safari in Leopard is amazingly fast
I have used Safari and Firefox under Leopard and for me Firefox has been much faster. Safari was loading new pages a speed of a Apple II GS on dial up.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2004
I guess this isn't a debate of Fire Fox or Safari we are having problems launching an apple product safari any one have any ideas out there. Seems this release is full of chiggers

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I'm sorry , but on my machine that statement couldn't be any farther from the truth. Firefox consistently loads pages faster than Safari (including Apple.com and the Apple.com startpage for Safari) ... Faster page loading, customizable themes, Adblock+FilterSet.G, TabMixPlus, Web Developer extension - the advantages of Firefox over Safari are great, especially now in Leopard, with the faster loading times.

GNice

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
I'm sorry , but on my machine that statement couldn't be any farther from the truth. Firefox consistently loads pages faster than Safari (including Apple.com and the Apple.com startpage for Safari) ... Faster page loading, customizable themes, Adblock+FilterSet.G, TabMixPlus, Web Developer extension - the advantages of Firefox over Safari are great, especially now in Leopard, with the faster loading times.
Yep...I find Firefox much, much better for all the reasons you stated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.