Safari crashing under Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SolRayz, Oct 26, 2007.

1. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

I just upgraded to Leopard and all went seemingly well. Now Safari wont open and I get a message The application Safari quit unexpectedly. Ive sent a report to apple like 5 times. Any ideas?:confused:

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Yeah, try Firefox ;)

Seriously though, FF loads much faster in Leopard than it did with Tiger - it's super quick.

3. SolRayz thread starter macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Disregard this post...I determined my problem. In my case, I had reorganized my applications folder under Tiger. The upgrade fail to recognize the changes I had made and as a result failed to replace the old apps with the new ones...easy fix.:rolleyes:

4. dirtyhand macrumors newbie

If people are still using Firefox after Leopard, I feel sorry for their souls. The new safari in Leopard is amazingly fast

5. cuanurse macrumors regular

I have used Safari and Firefox under Leopard and for me Firefox has been much faster. Safari was loading new pages a speed of a Apple II GS on dial up.

6. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I guess this isn't a debate of Fire Fox or Safari we are having problems launching an apple product safari any one have any ideas out there. Seems this release is full of chiggers

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I'm sorry , but on my machine that statement couldn't be any farther from the truth. Firefox consistently loads pages faster than Safari (including Apple.com and the Apple.com startpage for Safari) ... Faster page loading, customizable themes, Adblock+FilterSet.G, TabMixPlus, Web Developer extension - the advantages of Firefox over Safari are great, especially now in Leopard, with the faster loading times.

8. GNice macrumors 6502

Yep...I find Firefox much, much better for all the reasons you stated.

9. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I prefer Safari, and originally switched due to the AWESOME Inquisitor, thank god its now working with a work-around!