Safari crashing when trying to print a PDF

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mikerclarke, Oct 29, 2010.

1. mikerclarke macrumors newbie

Using Safari 5.0.2 and crashing constantly when trying to print a PDF file out of the browser. I am using the Schubert-it PDF Viewer to view and print. Sometimes it crashes when I merely click on the print icon on the website or after the PDF file opens up in a separate window and click the print button on the separate window. It has also crashed using different printers.

Could someone take a look at this crash report log and see if anything looks weird. This just started happening, so I am not sure what I did.
    I have it attached as a .doc file since it was too long.
    Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. LPZ macrumors 65816

Why? Safari will display pdf files all by itself, and you can print right from the Safari File menu.

3. antfuzz macrumors newbie

If you option click the PDF file it will download to your computer, you can then print it from Preview.

4. mikerclarke thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion.
    There are certain reports I am trying to access that are accessed by a link, which typically requires a normal click to bring up the report in a PDF format.
    When I control click, it does not have the "print" as an option.
    I am having these problems when accessing "www.schwab.com" and this site requires that the Adobe Reader internet preferences "Display PDF in brower using...." be unchecked. Before I installed the schubert-it PDF Viewer, I was merely seeing a black area when the PDF file was viewed.
    Are you thinking I should unistall schubert and will the Safari PDF viewer work with the that internet preference unchecked, as I mentioned above?
    Thanks

5. LPZ macrumors 65816

Why are you using Adobe Reader, which if nothing else is a constant security risk?

Does www.schwab.com not work with Safari?

6. mikerclarke thread starter macrumors newbie

When I started having problems viewing PDF type reports on their website, they recommended I use Adobe Reader to view properly. Also, they had change to 32-bit mode in Safari.
    It wasnt alway an issue, so I dont know if this was created with one of the new Safari updates or Mac OS update or who knows....unable to recall the timing.

How would I change the settings so that Safari would not default to Adobe for opening or viewing PDF files?
    Thanks

7. LPZ macrumors 65816

I think you need to get the Adobe plugin out of /Library/Internet Plug-Ins

Move it to your Desktop and restart Safari. See if it opens PDFs on its own, as it should.