Safari crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gfog, May 12, 2007.

1. Gfog macrumors member

hey everyone,
    im having a serious problem with safari lately, i can't pinpoint when it started happening but defo with in the last 3/4 months, but lately safari is crashing more and more frequently its becoming unusable. It doesnt seem to have any pattern, the application first freezes then the spinning colour logo comes up, then if a crash report doesnt come up i have to force quit the app. Can anyone shed some light on this, any help would be much apreciated!
    cheers in advance,
    gfog

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

What plug-ins do you have installed, if any?

Saft? Inquisitor? SafariStand? Anything that uses SIMBL? Any haxies of any kind? Flip4Mac? VLC web plug-in? Anything?

I know you said there wasn't any pattern, but are there any sites on which this happens more than others?

3. Gfog thread starter macrumors member

i have safaristand and flip 4 mac. whats a haxie? there doesnt seem to be any specific sites that cause it, but it has happened on sites such a gizmodo, bebo, tv-links and engadget. thanks for the quick reply!

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

How long have you had SafariStand (better question is: did this ever happen before you installed SafariStand)? Have you tried resetting Safari (if you do, make sure to backup your bookmarks and stuff first)?

You might also try removing Safari's .plist file (you'll have to redo your preferences when you restart, though) and/or cache files before going down the reset route.