Safari Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jwassel, Sep 9, 2008.

1. jwassel macrumors member

for the past day now my safari keeps crashing once i open it, any ideas why this might be happening now?

the only things ive dled recently are VLC player, but that was about a week and a half ago, and i had no probems until last night with safari, and then today i installed microsoft office

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Have you tried repairing permissions? That seems to cause a lot of problems with Safari.

TEG

3. jwassel thread starter macrumors member

dont know what that is......what does that do and how would i go about doing that?

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Use Disk Utility (located at HD>Applications>Utilities) then select your hard drive from the left side of the screen, then "Repair" and select Repair Permissions.

TEG

5. chawks08 macrumors newbie

Try this?

I had the same problem. I found this in another post on the Mac Forum site under "safari crashes after last update 10.4.11" in Feb 08 & it worked for me. Safari reopened perfectly as soon as I trashed the history.plist file - might work for you?

So go to Users/"Your User Name Here"/Library/Safari and trash the history.plist file - see if that works.