Safari Crashing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Vulcan, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Throughout today Safari has been constantly crashing. It will just shut down and I will get the "safari has encountered an error" message. Just to get to MacRumors and type this, it has crashed 3 times. On the error screen, I've selected to repair settings, did almost everything there is to do in OnyX (repair permissions and all safari settings), and checked for updates.

I'm feeling really annoyed here as 80% of my computer usage is the internet, and not being able to get to a site without Safari crashing is just not cutting it. I'm using FireFox for now, but would rather be back on Safari.

2. songcunzhi macrumors member

songcunzhi

Do u use any plug-in like saft? I had the same problem after updating to 3 and have saft installed. By reading others' threads, I think it is caused by the conflicts of anti-fraudulent option both safari and saft have. So I simply trashed saft, since I could not trash safari. Then safari went back to normal. I think banning the anti-fraudulent option in saft should also work. Just try it.

3. econoline06 macrumors 6502

econoline06

Thats odd, Safari has NEVER crashed on me EVER (since 10.4, amazingly. I am not exaggerating). Firefox on the other hand crashes more than an Asian driver in rush hour traffic.

4. Vulcan thread starter macrumors 65816

Vulcan

I don't have Saft, but I do use PithHelmet, I'll try to disable it.