Safari crashing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by airattack111, Feb 17, 2009.

1. airattack111 macrumors member

Safari crashes pretty much all the time now. Usually when loading embedded youtube videos or going to a pimped myspace page. It crashes at least 5 times a day and is getting old, any ideas?

Laptop specs in sig.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Regarding issues with YouTube movies.... have you updated to the newest Flash Player from Adobe?
    Get it here

For the rest.. tried resetting Safari?
    See pic.

Attached Files:

3. munson macrumors 6502

munson

I've been having this problem lately, as well as MANY other people here on MR. Check the other threads.

(FYI, resetting Safari did NOT help, and it appears that this error is most common among people who recently updated to 10.5.6 such as myself).

4. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

As much as I want to use Safari, I decided to switch to Firefox. Although Firefox is a bit slower, it doesn't crash randomly which has become a problem with Safari lately. I may be due to 10.5.6 or that recent Safari update. I also hate how Safari handles tabs. The history of closed tabs is not in chronological order and is very frustrating when you accidentally close a tab.

5. borcanm macrumors regular

Safari 3.x used to do that a lot. But since I upgraded to 4.0 preview a few months ago, its run smooth ever since. Safari 4.0 is only available to Apple developers, but you can get a developer account free and get the 4.0 preview.

http://developer.apple.com/

Just click on ADC Member Site at the top.