Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Is it just iOS4 or is it just my phone but certain sites would crash Safari when I visit them. It just seems like Safari would pick random sites to crash on. Has this happened to anyone else?

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
For example, went to boygeniusreport and it would crash but randomly. I can go back to the site numerous times but once a while Safari would like to just crash. It seems like it's random and hard to replicate this error.

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
nope

we need more info

a) what sites
b) are you jailbroken ( could be memory issue/something not playing nice with the original ios4)
c) what iphone version are you using

ubugger

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2009
Try:

http://www.cainer.com
(Horoscope site that my missus likes... I don't go there!)

3g on 3.1.2 = OK
3GS on iOS 4.01 = Crashes every time once the site has fully loaded (site above) (keeps loading after the blue status bar 'finishes')
4 on iOS 4.01 = Crashes every time once the site has fully loaded (site above) (keeps loading after the blue status bar 'finishes').

I also (on the 4) have 'freezes' when browsing with 3+ tabs loading pages at the same time when you try and switch tabs it simply freezes. I have to hit home and go back into safari and it has recovered... Irritating. I have restored twice and it's now jailbroken, but I had the issue before jailbreaking!

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Try the Uk site for Tesco.com

That site crashes all the time, I have new told the site sooks up loads of memory and the issue has already been pit forward to Apple

If you want to check of it is your safari, download Opera and try get the same issue

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I sort of have the same issue. When I'm browsing, it seems fine. The I get a text or email, read it then go back to safari and then there's either a ten second lag before it becomes responsive or it crashes. I'm using 4.0.1 with no JB.

greeniemax

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2010
Works fine for me

Tried both the sites in iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1.

No crashes or issues, I think you might have jailbroken your phone by mistake :D

No problem loading the site or navigating on the site.

ubugger

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2009
Tried both the sites in iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1.

No crashes or issues, I think you might have jailbroken your phone by mistake :D

No problem loading the site or navigating on the site.

I just tried http://www.cainer.com and it loads, the blue bar finishes and about 10 seconds later (the little spinny thing saying it's loading is still spinning!) and then as soon as I went to scroll the page, it shut down safari.

I'm lucky I have 1 JB and 1 non-JB, but it's a pity it happens on both of them.

ARH1956

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
NE Alabama
Try:

http://www.cainer.com
(Horoscope site that my missus likes... I don't go there!)

3g on 3.1.2 = OK
3GS on iOS 4.01 = Crashes every time once the site has fully loaded (site above) (keeps loading after the blue status bar 'finishes')
4 on iOS 4.01 = Crashes every time once the site has fully loaded (site above) (keeps loading after the blue status bar 'finishes').

I also (on the 4) have 'freezes' when browsing with 3+ tabs loading pages at the same time when you try and switch tabs it simply freezes. I have to hit home and go back into safari and it has recovered... Irritating. I have restored twice and it's now jailbroken, but I had the issue before jailbreaking!
I had no problem accessing and then surfing around on the site with my iP4, [non-JB] tonight 08-08-10.

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Yes I have an iPhone 4 and once the cainer site loads fully it crashes and closes down

returns back to the springboard

I'm a UK based user

tucker61

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2008
Same issue on iPod touch

I have 2nd generating iPod touch, using ios4, not jailbroken and safari crashes at least 6 times daily, also since upgrade have issues with BBC iplayer site that safari crashes when whatching programes.

I have not carried out a restore yet or reset device
To dfu. If we don't get ios 4.1 on Wednesday then I might restore and go back to original version 2.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.