Safari: Delete(backspace) no longer goes back?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psharp, Jul 25, 2012.

1. psharp macrumors member

My web browsing techniques involves mouse + a variety of keyboard shortcuts. most notably DELETE(backspace) has been the default back for as long as I can remember. I find that with todays update of Safari it is no longer functional. I also can't reset a new hotkey in system preferences.
    Anyone else have this issue and or a solution?

2. terrymaz macrumors regular

Thank god !!!!! LOL You know how many times i was filling out a form and did that where it lost all my info. LOL Sorry for you but if they took that out i am way happy about it ;)

3. Pacwell macrumors member

Probably because the 2 finger swipe is more convenient and they are trying to force people to use it.

4. psharp thread starter macrumors member

This is unfortunate for people like myself who don't use a MacBook Pro and still use a traditional mouse. I've tried both a trackpad and magic mouse and neither met the cut when it came to my personal workflow.

5. Pacwell macrumors member

I used to think the same. But I forced myself to use it to take advantage of the gestures. I have found ways around not having a 3rd or 4th button with more hotkeys.

6. psharp thread starter macrumors member

I do a lot of 3D work, I find it imperative to have a middle click with a distinctive click with completely rules both devices. :(

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Yep.. it is gone. Just do a command-left arrow.

8. Pacwell macrumors member

I work in C4D and found some "key replacements"

I would prefer the middle mouse, but I think the gesture use in other activities like web browsing, reading save me more time overall than middle mouse in C4D.