Safari Desktop Mode?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bert484, Nov 6, 2013.

1. bert484 macrumors member

In iOS7, why won't Safari show my Yahoo home page in "Desktop view"? Only shows in Mobile mode.
    Had the option in iOS6!!!

bert484

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. bert484 thread starter macrumors member

C DM, it was always on the bottom of your Homepage in my.yahoo. Now with the "New" Yahoo, which, by the way s*cks, there is no option at the bottom of my homepage.

bert484

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's something that the web site in question might provide--in your case Yahoo! If it's not there, then the web site decided to not have that option (any more perhaps).

Generally doesn't have much to do with the browser used. That said, just to try it out, have you tried some other browsers like Google Chrome or Dolphin or any other ones to see if that link appears in those somehow? (And on that topic, a lot of third party browsers have a native option in settings to request a desktop version of the web site.)

5. bert484 thread starter macrumors member

I think I'll give Chrome a try. In the meantime, I'm also using igHome for my homepage, that imitates Google's old home page. BTW, it works very well.

Thanks,
    bert484

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I personally don't use Chrome because it doesn't support edge swiping to navigate back and forward like Safari does.

7. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

Other web browsers probably won't make the link at the bottom of the page appear, but I know for a fact a few iOS browsers allow you to change your user agent.

If you don't already know what that means: changing your user agent will trick the website you're visiting into loading the desktop version of its page (or versions it would show to whatever it thinks you're running).

Although I'm sure there are more, Puffin Browser definitely grants the ability to change your user agent.