Safari died when installing 7.0.4

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by powerplant, May 22, 2014.

1. powerplant macrumors member

powerplant

Hi,
    Installing safari 7.0.4 did not work when I did it using the AppStore and after an hour I rebooted anyway. Now is safari not starting at all. I tried to install safari using the downloadable installer but that also hangs and I need to force quit the installer before logging out.
    I have tried to use an other user account but I get the same problems.

Any Ideas?

macbookPro early 2013, OSX10.9.3

2. powerplant thread starter macrumors member

powerplant

try to start safari without going to the previous page (shift) and now safari works. It turns out that safari is already 7.0.4 but software update still wants to install it (and fails). I can also not log out as the log out procedure is interrupted by the Safari installation that runs in the background.

3. sf23103 macrumors newbie

My Safari 7.0.4 update is stuck on "Installing - Calculating..."

Any ideas?

4. powerplant thread starter macrumors member

powerplant

5. powerplant thread starter macrumors member

powerplant

this was apparently not a safari problem but more general to installing software. I have the same problem with the new itunes update 11.2.2.(3).

I first thought it was totalFinder that caused the problem but it is uninstalled now and the itunes installation showed the same problem.

6. powerplant thread starter macrumors member

powerplant

strange behavior of app store.app in not recognizing the installed software was removed by a fsck repair of the disk.