Safari displaying advt banner every website

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ParagJain, Oct 24, 2014.

1. ParagJain macrumors 6502

Needed some quick help;

My safari displays a advertisement banner on most of the pages including this forum page. I have tried to goto setting and reset safari, deleted all website data. Yet, it doesn't seem resolve it.

I've recently moved from one country to another, is this related to DNS thing or something to do with router/wifi/etc ?

any fixes to this will be very helpful to me.

thnks

2. ammophobia macrumors newbie

Might be injected by your ISP. Some ISPs in my country do that. Try browsing over a VPN and see if the ads still appear.

3. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, will try that, funny, the banners don't open when i visit the same sites from iPhone (desktop version) and also, macbook.

That let me to some doubts that some cookie or something like that is being tracked from my iPad, Is there something like this possible on iPad ?

4. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Yes. Your iPad shares 'cookies' with websites. Cookies are often used to track and target users. You might want to go to your Safari settings and clear website data.

If you have the Block Cookies option set to 'Allow Cookies', you're begging to be tracked/targeted. For most users the option 'Allow from websites I visit' is much more preferable.