Safari displaying blurred images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cabbageman, Oct 18, 2015.

1. cabbageman macrumors newbie

cabbageman

Has anyone experienced any issues with images not being displayed correctly in Safari 9?

Ever since I upgraded to OS 10.11 I have a problem with viewing photos from OneDrive albums, which are only occurring when using Safari. The problem is that, until the full image is loaded a preview is shown to the user, which is slightly blurred and not as sharp as the original image. Then, when the full image loads (typically about a second or so) the user is presented with an image of higher quality. At least that's the way it was working before I upgraded.

Now Safari seems stuck at showing the preview and not loading the original image, as it used to do. The difference in quality is quite noticeable. This is how the image is displayed in Safari and this is how the same image looks like under Chrome - both under OS X El Capitan. I have tried accessing the content from Windows platforms too and there are no issues - seems like the issue is caused by Safari.

Here's what I have tried so far (unfortunately, to no avail):
    • restoring Safari's default settings;
    • clearing website data, history and cache;
    • restarting Safari and OS X;
    • disabling any and all Safari plugins.
    What I would like to ask is, whether someone else has had a similar experience and what would you recommend to do next.

2. sarah362 macrumors newbie

The images in safari are not that blurry unless you compare it with chrome/firefox. Yes, but there is a certain change of quality of images which can be fixed by some fixing in CSS. I have not done a lot of research on that CSS fixing part, but if you research online you may get to find some answers.

3. cabbageman thread starter macrumors newbie

cabbageman

Hi, I just checked whether the problem persists and to my surprise, it is gone as suddenly and as unexpectedly as it first appeared. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary these days: no updates, no messing with system preferences but I'm happy the issue is gone, no matter the reason behind it.

I guess the thread can be closed now.