Safari does not open where I left off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by v2club, Jul 17, 2013.

1. v2club macrumors regular

In Mountain Lion everything is supposed to open where left off including Safari, but for me it doesn't work for some reason, at least not always. If I close all the tabs and then reopen or if I just restart without closing anything in advance sometimes Safari opens exactly where I left off sometimes it doesn’t. I cannot see any pattern, any ideas anyone?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Just to make sure, what setting do you have selected within the Safari preferences?

Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 18.24.34.png

3. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Due to either Mountain Lion or Safari 6.0.5, this checkbox is lost from my Safari's general preferences.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I know this isn't exactly an ideal solution, but until you figure out what's going on you can use the "restore windows from last session" option under "history"

5. v2club, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013

v2club thread starter macrumors regular

That is what I have. It is named differently but it is the same thing “New windows open with: Same page”

My problem is that it does not work all the time, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t and I don’t know the reason. Sometimes I cmd+Q and it closes all the tabs and then when I open up Safari again here they are all the tabs exactly where I left off, other time cmd+Q closes all the tabs again but when I reopen Safari it goes to the home page and it doesn’t seem to have any pattern. The only thing I can think of is that it might have something to do with the fact that I have it Remove History Items after one week and you have it after one year…

Attached Files: