Safari does not remember any fields.. Help please.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Helo2050, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Helo2050 macrumors member

I like Firefox but it is laggy when it comes to streaming to videos. Safari is a lot faster etc. My problem with Safari though, is that it does not remember anything.

If I logged into Twitter for example, on Firefox, close it out and came back to it later it would already have me logged in. In Safari however it will not. Every site requires me to log in over and over again. I'll admit before I am flamed that I am not a mac expert. I did a search on here and someone else was having the same issue sorta. It was advised that they should check their keys. I did the same and did a repair process. Also I have cookies enabled and everything.

It is frustrating having to fill out those fields over and over again. Why does it do this? SOME sites do work, like YouTube but for the most part that is the only site that works. i would like to set sites so that when I log in ONCE it remembers my info, if not auto fill at least know it so I don't have to retype it all the time.

Any help please?

2. SimonJ macrumors regular

Just a thought, but did you check in Safari under Preferences --> Autofill?

Make sure those options are checked.

3. Helo2050 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah and the sites that do work it forgets the passwords.

Also, is there a fix for Safari for when it crashes to bring all the windows back? In Safari when it's gone it's gone for me. Firefox can reload all the options.

4. str1f3 macrumors 68000

You can use Glims and it will do that. You can also go to history and reopen all windows from last session. I create a shortcut to this option from system preferences.

As for passwords, as a suggestion, I use 1Password. It works across almost every browser is more secure and has an iPhone app.